Re: Does this look ethical to you?

От Tony Caduto
Тема Re: Does this look ethical to you?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:

>>I am kind of ticked off that they are hijacking my product name this
>>way.

Yep, but they were using direct links, and I changed any verbage I had
immediatly when Dave asked me to.

If navicat had mentioned my product in their web page I really wouldn't
care, but they had links like this:
http://www.navicat.com/pg_lighting_admin/index.html

That looks like they are selling PG Lighting Admin.

Big difference.

I also never stated that my product or any other should be bundled with
the win32 installer, I just meant that it should be made known to the
user that other options for administration are available.  I also never
stated I thought direct links should be made from the installer to any
of my home pages.

I am thinking more of the big picture and something that would benefit
all third party tool vendors commercial or open source.

Doing something like that in no way could hurt pgAdmin III, since there
is nothing to hurt(it's free after all).

I think we have beat this into the ground, lets drop it now.

I think everyone is or will be happy :-)

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design