Re: pgxs/windows

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pgxs/windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>"Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
>

>>As you see, it adds both bin and lib.
>>

>Is the bin part even necessary?
>
>It looks to me like the -L for libdir is coming from Makefile.global.in:
>
># add location of libpgport.a to LDFLAGS
>ifdef PGXS
>override LDFLAGS := -L$(libdir) $(LDFLAGS)
>else
>override LDFLAGS := -L$(top_builddir)/src/port $(LDFLAGS)
>endif
>
>Comparing that to the code in Makefile.win32, one of them is wrong
>about the need for $(DESTDIR).  Perhaps that has something to do with
>it not working for Andrew?

I doubt DESTDIR is having an effect. From what I can see we hardly use
it so it will mostly be blank:

[andrew@alphonso pgsql.head]$ grep -r DESTDIR.\*= .
./src/test/regress/pg_regress.sh:    $GMAKE -C "$top_builddir"
DESTDIR="$temp_install/install" install with_perl=no with_python=no >"$LOGDIR/install.log" 2>&1
[andrew@alphonso pgsql.head]$

cheers

andrew