Re: plperl vs LC_COLLATE (was Re: Possible savepoint bug)

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: plperl vs LC_COLLATE (was Re: Possible savepoint bug)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
>

>>However, to the best of my knowledge, Windows does NOT consult the environment when set_locale is called. ISTM we
probablyneed to call set_locale ourselves on Windows with the desired values.

>We already do, during process startup.  The question becomes where the
>heck is Perl looking for the locale information, when on Windows?

The Windows docs at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_crt_setlocale.2c_._wsetlocale.asp
say:

|setlocale( LC_ALL, "" );|   Sets the locale to the default, which is the user-default ANSI code   page obtained from
theoperating system.

Does libperl call this only at interpreter startup? If so, maybe we
should probably save out the settings and then restore them after the
interpreter has started.

cheers

andrew