Re: Supplemental contrib docs

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Supplemental contrib docs
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 04:20:38PM -0800, Joe Conway wrote:
>>Well I like {prefix}/doc given that's how dblink is already set up ;-)
>>

> By {prefix} do you mean where PostgreSQL is being installed? If so, that
> would be highly non-standard. I think what you'd want is
> {prefix}/share/doc/postgresql/contrib/.

Well, I assumed Tom was referring to placement in the source tree, i.e.
{prefix} is contrib/dblink, etc.

But this raises a good question in terms of where these files should be
installed. The README.xxx files all go to {install-prefix}/doc/contrib.
I experimented with changing the Makefile line:
   DOCS = README.dblink
to be:
   DOCS = README.dblink doc/*

Unfortunately the files from contrib/dblink/doc still wound up being
installed to {install-prefix}/doc/contrib, which would become a naming
collision hazard. Maybe they should go to
{install-prefix}/doc/contrib/xxx (where xxx is the name of each contrib
dir)?

Joe