Re: Why don't we allow DNS names in pg_hba.conf?

От Tino Wildenhain
Тема Re: Why don't we allow DNS names in pg_hba.conf?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane schrieb:

>>One thing that bothers me slightly is that we would need to look up each
>>name (at least until we found a match) for each connection. If you had
>>lots of names in your pg_hba.conf that could be quite a hit.
>

> A possible answer to that is to *not* look up the names from
> pg_hba.conf, but instead restrict the feature to matching the
> reverse-DNS name of the client.  This limits the cost to one lookup per
> connection instead of N (and it'd be essentially free if you have
> log_hostnames turned on, since we already do that lookup in that case).

Or alternatively (documented) scan and translate the names
only on restart or sighup. This would limit the overhead
and changes to the confile-scanner only and would
at least enable symbolic names in the config files.
(Of course w/o any wildcards - that would be the drawback)

Сообщение: Re: Why don't we allow DNS names in pg_hba.conf?
Сообщение: Re: Why don't we allow DNS names in pg_hba.conf?