Re: Overriding the optimizer

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: Overriding the optimizer
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
>> ... This seems like a case where PostgreSQL's current optimiser should
>> easily know what to do if your config settings are correct and you've
>> been running ANALYZE, so I'd like to see your settings and the explain
>> analyze plan...
>
> I could, but it would divert us from the main topic of this discussion.
> It's not about that query, which was just an example.  It's the larger
> issue.

So your main example bad query is possibly just a case of lack of
analyze stats and wrong postgresql.conf config?  And that's what causes
you to shut down your database?  Don't you want your problem FIXED?

But like I said - no developer is interested in doing planner hints.
Possibly you could get a company to sponsor it.  Maybe what you want is
a statement of "If someone submits a good, working, fully implemented
patch that does planner hints, then we'll accept it."

Chris