Re: Overriding the optimizer

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: Overriding the optimizer
Дата
Re: Overriding the optimizer  (Tomasz Rybak <bogomips@post.pl>)
Re: Overriding the optimizer  ("Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com>)
Re: Overriding the optimizer  (David Lang <dlang@invendra.net>)
Список pgsql-performance
Craig A. James wrote:

> What would be cool would be some way the developer could alter the plan,
> but they way of doing so would strongly encourage the developer to send
> the information to this mailing list.  Postgres would essentially say,
> "Ok, you can do that, but we want to know why!"

Yeah it would - an implementation I have seen that I like is where the
developer can supply the *entire* execution plan with a query. This is
complex enough to make casual use unlikely :-), but provides the ability
to try out other plans, and also fix that vital query that must run
today.....

cheers

Mark