Re: Overriding the optimizer

От Craig A. James
Тема Re: Overriding the optimizer
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> I don't necessarily disagree with your assertion that we need planner
> hints, but unless you or someone else is willing to submit a patch with
> the feature it's unlikely to ever be implemented...

Now that's an answer I understand and appreciate.  Open-source development relies on many volunteers, and I've
benefittedfrom it since the early 1980's when emacs and Common Lisp first came to my attention.  I've even written a
widely-circulatedarticle about open-source development, which some of you may have read:

 http://www.moonviewscientific.com/essays/software_lifecycle.htm

I hope nobody here thinks I'm critical of all the hard work that's been put into Postgres.  My hope is to raise the
awarenessof this issue in the hope that it's at least put on "the list" for serious consideration.

Craig