Re: Refactoring psql for backward-compatibility

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: Refactoring psql for backward-compatibility
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>>If it was me I'd just copy the pg_dump way of doing things...
>
> To the extent possible, I'd like to preserve the exact functionality
> (or lack thereof) of previous versions.  Would this be possible that
> way?

Don't see it'd be too hard.  All pg_dump basically does is this:

if (version <= 7.3) {  query = "..";
else if (version == 7.4) {  query = "..";
else  query = "..";

Other than that you might need some smarts in the output table display
logic so that it doesn't "assume" what columns are available from the
queries.

Or something.

Chris