Re: out of memory error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: out of memory error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Vincent Dautremont <vincent@searidgetech.com> writes:
> I've found out that when my software does these updates the memory of the
> postgres process grows constantly at 24 MB/hour. when I stop my software to
> update these rows, the memory of the process stops to grow.
> also I've noticed that when I stop rubyrep, this postgres process disappear.

Hmm.  I wondered whether rubyrep might be triggering this somehow;
I don't know anything about that software.  I went so far as to download
rubyrep and look at the Postgres-specific source code yesterday.  It
doesn't look like it's doing anything strange, but I could easily have
missed something.

One thing you could try doing is to turn on query logging (set
log_statement = all) and look to see if rubyrep, or some other part of
your system, is indeed issuing repeated CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION
commands.