Re: SQLJ, any plans?

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: SQLJ, any plans?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Jaime Casanova wrote:
> On 11/25/05, Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com> wrote:
>
>>Jaime Casanova wrote:
>>
>>>are there any plans to get embedded SQL (SQLJ) to work with the jdbc
>>>in postgres?
>>
>>What fails with the current driver?
>>

> The driver works fine, AFAIK... but it can use  the SQLJ syntax?

Uh.. from my limited knowledge of SQLJ, isn't it like "embedded SQL" in
the C world? i.e. you have a translator (the equivalent to ecpg) that
takes annotated source with SQLJ syntax and turns it into a regular Java
source file that uses standard JDBC? So the driver itself never sees the
SQLJ syntax..

Sounds like what you are looking for is a SQLJ translator? I don't know
of any plans to write a postgresql-specific translator .. aren't there
generic ones available, since the DB-level interface (JDBC) is standardized?

-O