Postgresql odbc and Visual studio 2005 .net 2.0

От Leendert Paul Diterwich
Тема Postgresql odbc and Visual studio 2005 .net 2.0
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc

Hi all,

I just got word from MS and this is what they said about the problems some of us are experiencing:

Hi Paul,

It appears that there are problems with this particular ODBC driver. It tells us that the default catalog is "\0\0" (taken from the IDbConnection.Database property) so we pass this as a catalog restriction to enumerate tables. This works, however the rows returned provide a catalog of NULL. This is inconsistent behavior, and when we then ask our cache to select objects with the catalog restriction "\0\0" it finds none because all objects in the cache have a NULL catalog.

There is no workaround for this issue, unfortunately. The only solution is for the ODBC driver to be fixed.

Thanks,
Stephen Provine
VS Data Development Team

Is it possible to change the behavior of the ODBC driver?

Kind Regards,

Paul