Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4
Дата
Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> Anyway, is there anyone who thinks the "cycle the queue every 6 weeks or 2
> months or suitable short period" is a *bad* idea?   It might be hard to pull
> off, but we won't know until we try.

It seems worth a try --- we can certainly abandon it easily if it
doesn't work.

Personally I feel every six weeks would be too short: we'd be talking
only a month of work between commit-fests.  I like a two-month cycle
partly because it wouldn't rotate relative to the calendar: we'd always
know that the first half of every odd-numbered month, or something like
that, is commit-fest time.