Re: Presskits for 8.1 Release

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Presskits for 8.1 Release
Дата
Re: [translators] Presskits for 8.1 Release  (Nick Gazaloff <nick@sbin.org>)
Список pgsql-www
Magnus,

TRANSLATORS:  PLEASE see Magnus' comments below about bad encodings and
missing parts of presskits.

Magnus: the translators can (hopefully) fix the encoding issues.
However, I don't know that they can fix the XHTML issues.   Can the web
team do this somehow?

> In general, firefox doesn't like <a name="foo"/>, for some reason - it
> doesn't consider it closed. Needs to be <a name="foo"></a>. Without
> doing this, all paragraphs will be underlined when the mouse hovers over
> them...

I don't recall putting such a thing in.  How about a line number?

> I also notice there is no header on the page - there was one for 8.0.
> Was that really intentinoal?
> (8.0 had <h1>PostgreSQL 8.0 Press Kit</h1>, 8.1 has only subheaders)

Nope, it's because the header was added after the fact last year so I
didn't have it in my template.  :-(  We can add it easily enough for
English, but the others?

>>AR: Arabic
>

> Not valid XHTML, with *lots* of errors. Check
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fmagnus-master.pgadmin.org
> %2Fabout%2Fpress%2Fpresskit81.html.ar&charset=%28detect+automatically%29
> &doctype=Inline&ss=1&verbose=1
>

>>BR: Brazilian
>

> Bad encoding - not valid UTF8. Can't validate.
>

>>DE: German
>

> Not valid XHTML, with *lots* of errors. Check
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fmagnus-master.pgadmin.org
> %2Fabout%2Fpress%2Fpresskit81.html.de&charset=%28detect+automatically%29
> &doctype=Inline&ss=1&verbose=1
>

>>EL: Hebrew
>

> Same as german, appears to be at least partly the very same errors. See
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fmagnus-master.pgadmin.org
> %2Fabout%2Fpress%2Fpresskit81.html.el&charset=%28detect+automatically%29
> &doctype=Inline&ss=1&verbose=1
>

> In the english list, this one is ilnked from "Greek", that seems wrong.

Actually, it is Greek.  I got mixed up.

>>FR: French
>

> There is no 8.1 file in cvs that I can find.

Eh?  CVS error.  Will attempt to re-post.   Since CVS is giving me fits
over the FR directory (it doesn't like it for some reason) I may have to
drop French into the main directory.

>>JA: Japanese
>

> Not valid XHTML, but it looks like it could be an encoding issue. See
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fmagnus-master.pgadmin.org
> %2Fabout%2Fpress%2Fpresskit81.html.ja&charset=%28detect+automatically%29
> &doctype=Inline&ss=1&verbose=1

OK, we'll leave Japanese alone.   Usually JPUG posts the release on
their own site instead of ours anyway.

>>RO: Romanian
>

> Not completed, has things like <link here> still in it in at least four
> places.

Ah.  Drop this one then.   I've not heard from the Romanian folks in a week.

>>RU: Russian
>

> Not valid XHTML, and also has <link> stuff still in there. See
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fmagnus-master.pgadmin.org
> %2Fabout%2Fpress%2Fpresskit81.html.ru&charset=%28detect+automatically%29
> &doctype=Inline&ss=1&verbose=1

> Me too ;) But I can tell which are wrong by feeding them through the
> XHTML validator at w3.org.

I don't have the time or the knowledge to fix XHTML problems; that's my
markup that you're having problems with and it represents the limit of
my HTML know-how (I *did* post to this list asking for feedback before
the translations started, but, whatever)  Can someone on the web team
take this over?

> They can be converted with "iconv" if you know the source encoding,
> though. But you need to know the source...

> There is a list at the bottom of the page that refers to a whole lot of
> languages that don't exist... Such as Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Polish,
> Slovenian, Swedish, Turkish (may be more, didn't check carefully).

Right.  I'm waiting to see which presskits are "OK" before revising that
list.

> Seems to be perfect XHTML :-)

Well, at least I got *something* right.

--Josh

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Presskits for 8.1 Release
Сообщение: Re: Presskits for 8.1 Release