multiple postmasters on red hat cluster suite

От Geoffrey
Тема multiple postmasters on red hat cluster suite
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
We are going to use the red hat cluster suite for a database solution
and would like to know if anyone has attempted (or knows if it's
possible) to have multiple postmasters running on separate nodes of the
cluster suite. Here's the specifics:

2 node cluster, 5 postmasters on each node, 10 databases, 5 on each
node.  One of the advantages is that if we have a problem with a single
database, we can bring that single postmaster down and not affect the
balance of the databases.

It appears based on our research of red hat documents that this is a
feasible solution, but would love to hear from anyone who is doing
something similar or knows it will not work.  So we won't bleed too much..

--
Until later, Geoffrey