Problems with ResultSet

От Aydın Toprak
Тема Problems with ResultSet
Дата
Re: Problems with ResultSet  (Matthew Lunnon <mlunnon@rwa-net.co.uk>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hiii,

I have just stuck with a little point of my code which generates "This
ResultSet is closed." exception ....

here is my stack trace ...
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: This ResultSet is closed.
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.checkClosed(AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.java:2444)

org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.next(AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.java:1810)

org.apache.jsp.event.Proposal.frameBuyer_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.event.Proposal.frameBuyer_jsp:61)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802) ... and
continues...

I want to return ResultSet from static method (I have never did before,
I guess I can ..??.) ... I get resultset from my jsp page and want to
display it ...
so ı wrote this database access staff into another class file to sperate
them ... anyway..

try
           {
           stmnt = con.prepareStatement(query);
           stmnt.setInt(1, event_id);
           ps = stmnt.executeQuery();
           stmnt.close();
           connMgr.freeConnection("mypool", con);
           if(ps.next())
            out.append("This is your element :"+ps.getInt("event_id"));
           }

this is the part of the code wich generated that exception...

as a result of my obeservations and try... I can directly point that the
porblem comes from  this
          if(ps.next())
            out.append("This is your element :"+ps.getInt("event_id"));

part of the code...

but I dont understand why?.... the query is file, P.statement and
connection is exist ... and also there is an integer coloumn "event_id"
in table...

is it about the static method or what..? ..

Thanks..