Re: Need help with INOUT mis-understanding

От Tony Caduto
Тема Re: Need help with INOUT mis-understanding
Дата
Re: Need help with INOUT mis-understanding  ("Troy" <troy@hendrix.biz>)
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

>Tony Caduto <tony_caduto@amsoftwaredesign.com> writes:
>

>>I have noticed this as well, if I declare OUT params I can modify them
>>to my hearts content before they go out,
>>however if you declare it as a INOUT you can't modify it because it is
>>declared as a constant.
>>

>Uh, I don't think so.
>
>                    /* input argument vars are forced to be CONSTANT */
>                    if (argmode == PROARGMODE_IN)
>                        ((PLpgSQL_var *) argvariable)->isconst = true;
>
>Can you provide a test case that misbehaves that way?
>
>            regards, tom lane

Tom,
Maybe we are mis-communicating here.
So what you are saying is INOUT params are NOT constants and you can
modify them in the function body?
I could have sworn that did not work for me in beta1, I will try it
again in beta 4 and see if things have changed.

Thanks,

Tony Caduto