Re: Need help with INOUT mis-understanding

От Troy
Тема Re: Need help with INOUT mis-understanding
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom's right, As in the first message of this thread kindof shows;
func2(INOUT) adds the var_1 to itself and ouputs back to func1 as the
updated value.
  NOTICE:  var_1 starts as 5
  NOTICE:  var_1 in func2 is 10
  CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "func1" line 7 at assignment
  NOTICE:  var_X Now is (10,5) --var_1 was 1st returned var

So INOUTS "work" the way Tom says in PG8.1beta3 WIN XP
The part I was confused about was that I thought that the value would
then be modified in func1 (by func2) since it was returned using INOUT
but Tom set me strait - INOUTS are nice 'shorthand'. (I waisted a lot
of time not knowing this.)
Thanks

P.S. - Tom if the return of func2 = var_X = (10,5) how can I parse the
varible out like:
var_Y = var_X[1] -- first ARRAY item
to get var_Y = 10?

Troy H

Сообщение: Re: Why database is corrupted after re-booting
Сообщение: Re: Why database is corrupted after re-booting