Re: BUG #1993: Adding/subtracting negative time intervals

От Klint Gore
Тема Re: BUG #1993: Adding/subtracting negative time intervals
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 00:44:50 -0400, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> writes:
> > the whole DST thing falls apart when you deal with places that don't
> > respect it...  arizona (except the navajo nation), for instance....
>
> > it would be impossible to calculate the 'correct' answer without knowing
> > the exact location...
>
> No, rather say "without knowing the correct timezone".  All of this is
> about doing the calculations properly according to the rules of the
> current TimeZone setting.  It's irrelevant whether the calculations are
> correct with respect to some other timezone rules; obviously they won't
> be.

I think this is what I was getting at.  In my timezone 'Australia/NSW',
we have daylight savings.  Is that used any way when the calculation
happens or the result is displayed?

In the examples we've been using, does anything change if the -05 and
-04 are changed to timezones (EDT/PST/...)?

klint.

: Klint Gore                            : "Non rhyming    :
: EMail   : kg@kgb.une.edu.au           :  slang - the    :
: Snail   : A.B.R.I.                    :  possibilities  :
: Mail      University of New England   :  are useless"   :
:           Armidale NSW 2351 Australia :     L.J.J.      :
: Fax     : +61 2 6772 5376             :                 :

Сообщение: Re: BUG #1993: Adding/subtracting negative time intervals
Сообщение: Re: BUG #1993: Adding/subtracting negative time intervals