the best way to catch table modification

От Marek Lewczuk
Тема the best way to catch table modification
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,
I'm implementing db-queries caching system - for this I need to know
each table's modification time (or at least modification counter). I
know that I can make a statement-level trigger, which will update a
table with tables modification times - however this is inefficient if
many inserts or updates are made on single table (in single
transaction). The best would be some kind of transaction-level trigger,
but this is not available. Are there any other, better options ?

Thanks in advance.
ML