Re: PgInstallerfor 8.1 beta 3 missing Postgis?

От Johan Wehtje
Тема Re: PgInstallerfor 8.1 beta 3 missing Postgis?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Magnus,
Well I checked out with the PostGIS people and their advice was that if
you are restoring Postgis Databases you need Perl installed so that the
restore.pl script can be run. This affects any upgrade from 0.9 or lower
versions of PostGIS to 1.0 or higher.

Given the other changes between 8.0 and 8.1 in Postgres it is probably
worthwhile having a README that opens as soon as the installer is done
with information on upgrading from previous installations as well as
pointers to the change log.

Cheers
Johan Wehtje