Re: tsearch2 's access method?

От Teodor Sigaev
Тема Re: tsearch2 's access method?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

沈一枫 wrote:
> the basic structures to implement  the index is :
>
> 1.B- tree or the alike.
>
> 2.hash structures

Not only. R-tree, SS-tree, kd-tree, RD-tree etc

> So the question is arise:In the tsearch2 model, I thought the general
> access method is GiST tree, a tree this like B- tree.
>
>  But when I saw the crc32_sz() function to hash the tsvector type, the
> index implementation again turns to be a hash list,
>

> which is the right? hash structures or tree like B tree to implment the

None of them. Tsearch2 use signature tree, which is very close to RD-tree.

GiST (its realisation in pgsql) can store tree likes to R-tree or B-tree (with
some limitations, such as now pgsql's GiST doesn't support order).

  WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: changing create table
От: "Pavel Stehule"
Сообщение: some interes. doc about job scheduling