Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Oracle buys Innobase

От Terry Fielder
Тема Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Oracle buys Innobase
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Dann

Without looking at the internals to see if the 1 column or the other is
being converted to the other columns type before the compare, it really
demonstrates nothing.

It could perhaps be used to help demonstrate that when comparing a
datatype of CHAR to VARCHAR that
MS-SQL converts the VARCHAR to CHAR and then does the compare
Postgres converts the CHAR to VARCHAR and then does the compare

But there isn't even enough evidence here to support that.

Terry