Re: PostgreSQL with SSL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL with SSL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Elvis_Henr=EDquez?=" <henriquez.elvis@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm trying to upgrade my PostgreSQL 8.1.0 instalation in Red Hat Linux 9 (
> PostgreSQL 8.1.0 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC)
> 3.2.220030222 (Red Hat Linux
> 3.2.2-5)   ) to version 8.1.4 cause of security patch just released.

[ raised eyebrow... ]  You're worried about security enough to update
the database, but you're still running an OS release that Red Hat
stopped supporting years ago?  Grab yourself a Fedora download, before
you get hacked into via some other loophole.

My guess as to your specific problem is that the combination of a new
OpenSSL release in /usr/local and an old one in /usr/lib doesn't play
very well --- you're probably picking up some broken combination of new
and old headers and libraries.  You could probably make it work with
enough hacking, but it'd be a lot smarter to spend the effort on an OS
upgrade.