Re: fine tuned database dump/reload?

От Dan Armbrust
Тема Re: fine tuned database dump/reload?
Дата
Re: fine tuned database dump/reload?  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Dan Armbrust wrote:
> Bricklen Anderson wrote:
>

>> pg_dump --help
>>   -n, --schema=SCHEMA      dump the named schema only
>>   -s, --schema-only        dump only the schema, no data
>>   -t, --table=TABLE        dump the named table only
>>

> Just after I sent the e-mail, I realized that I forgot that I saw that
> option - but on my first reading of the description (and being and
> annoying user who didn't try it first) it didn't appear that it would
> allow me to specify more than one table.
>
> But I tested it, and it does let me specify the -t command more than
> once.  So that gets me past that issue.
>
> Dan

Now I'm just filling the mailing list with mis-information.  It actually
ignores all but the last -t flag - so this only allows me to specify one
table at a time, rather than several tables.

I need to write up my use case so the maintainers can see why I want to
be able to dump things in such a specific way - its not for backup
purposes - so I'm kind of misusing the intent of the tool.  More info in
a bit.

Dan

--
Daniel Armbrust

От: Dan Armbrust
Сообщение: Re: fine tuned database dump/reload?
От: Bricklen Anderson
Сообщение: Re: fine tuned database dump/reload?