Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/6/2005 4:37 AM, Tzvetan Tzankov wrote:
> They have collation and multiple characterset per table and etc. which
> actually is from 4.1 (not new in 5.0), and postgresql have only one
> collation per database cluster :-(
> Otherwise I think their features are all there, but cannot be used
> togather most of them (you can have foreign key, but not using fulltext ...)

AFAIK MySQL's fulltext indexing is only supported on MyIsam tables, so
if you want to use it, you lose ACID, hot backup and a couple other nice
things entirely for that part of your data. Many MySQL users still
believe that the pluggable storage engine design is an advantage ... I
think one storage engine that supports the full feature set is better.

Jan