Re: create table like syntax

От David Durham
Тема Re: create table like syntax
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 10:04:10PM -0500, David Durham wrote:
>
>>is there a syntax that would look something like:
>>
>>    create table newTable like oldTable without indexes || records ||
>>constraints with indexes || records || constraints
>>
>>built into postgres?
>

> What do you want to do with it?  If I understand what you want to do, it
> is supported as long as you use ; in place of your ||.

Well, I should say that the with and without should probably be mutually
exclusive.  I don't know, haven't thought about it that much, but I find
myself creating a lot of the same table over and over from time to time
as I try to analyze some data.  Would be nice to say, hey, create a copy
of this table with indexes and possibly records and constraints.  Or
just a bare copy or something like that, but have a lot of different
options for this kind of thing.

- Dave