MS Access / Postgres ODBC / Outer joins

От Glen Parker
Тема MS Access / Postgres ODBC / Outer joins
Дата
Список pgsql-general
We're having a problem with Access, Postgres, and outer joins.  I'm
hoping this will ring a bell with someone and there'll be an easy answer.

Everything seems to work OK with inner joins and everything else we've
tried, but when switching to an outer join, Access screws the SQL all
up.  I'm almost positive at this point that Access is the culprit, as
apposed to the ODBC driver.

Given this SQL statement typed into the Access query builder...

SELECT t1.field1, t2.field2 FROM t1 LEFT OUTER JOIN t2 on t1.field1 =
t2.field2 WHERE t1.field3 = 'some value';

Access will rewrite it to this...

SELECT t1.field1, t2.field2 FROM {oj t1 LEFT OUTER JOIN t2 on t1.field1
= t2.field2 WHERE t1.field3 = 'some value' };

Note the "{oj" after "FROM", and the closing "}" at the end of the
query.  What the heck is that all about?  Has anybody seen this before?
  Is there an SQL server that might actually recognize that?

(I didn't think version information would be too important for this, but
I can gather all that info if it's really needed...)

TIA

Glen Parker
glenebob@nwlink.com