Re: MS Access / Postgres ODBC / Outer joins

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: MS Access / Postgres ODBC / Outer joins
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Glen Parker <glenebob@nwlink.com> writes:
> Access will rewrite it to this...

> SELECT t1.field1, t2.field2 FROM {oj t1 LEFT OUTER JOIN t2 on t1.field1
> = t2.field2 WHERE t1.field3 = 'some value' };

> Note the "{oj" after "FROM", and the closing "}" at the end of the
> query.  What the heck is that all about?  Has anybody seen this before?

Yeah, I think this is actually in the ODBC standard: the ODBC driver is
supposed to recognize that and convert it to whatever outer join syntax
the database likes.  Not sure if our ODBC driver does so --- you'd be
better off asking about this on pgsql-odbc.