Re: License question[VASCL:A1077160A86]

От Richmond Dyes
Тема Re: License question[VASCL:A1077160A86]
Дата
Re: License question[VASCL:A1077160A86]  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-general
 From my understanding of the license for Postgresql, there is no
licensing fees as long as you are not selling it yourself for a profit.
There are also free platforms to build your application on.  I am myself
exploring the use of Centos with php, postgresql, apache with ssl
running as a secure stable platform for my customer.   I think you can
do this all for free. meaning just charging for the time you use to
develop and support the application.  It  is not a fat client solution
and you will have to learn the environment, but from my exploring, this
seems to be a very viable option. Again, I have to research things such
as report writing and the like.  Hope we get other opinions on this.  I
am at this juncture myself.