Re: Portable PostgreSQL

От Samik Raychaudhuri
Тема Re: Portable PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for your reply Marc. Yes I am looking at Windows and I was
looking at pginstaller project before emailing. If my understanding is
correct, the project aims developing a Win installer for normal windows
program installation, with registry entries for future uninstallation
etc. What I wanted is a no-trace (or minimal trace), no-admin required
kind of installation (I won't be able to create a non-admin user in the
comp), which, when I am done, I can just delete the installation
directory and will be clear.

Is extracting necessary files from the msi installer a solution? Is
there a way to extract fles from msi?
Thanks.
-Samik