Re: Portable PostgreSQL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Portable PostgreSQL
Дата
Re: Portable PostgreSQL  (Samik Raychaudhuri <samik@freeshell.org>)
Список pgsql-general
Samik Raychaudhuri <samik@freeshell.org> writes:
> ... What I wanted is a no-trace (or minimal trace), no-admin required
> kind of installation (I won't be able to create a non-admin user in the
> comp), which, when I am done, I can just delete the installation
> directory and will be clear.

Postgres isn't really designed to be the sort of "embedded" database
that you seem to be after.  You should look at other alternatives.
(Berkeley DB is one possibility that's written by friends of ours ;-))

In particular, you'll get zero sympathy here for any request to let the
database run as an admin-level user.  The IPC communication structure we
use does not allow restricting requests to just one program, and hence
ignoring security issues is simply not a sane thing to do.