Re: archive_command

От Kris Kiger
Тема Re: archive_command
Дата
Re: archive_command
Список pgsql-admin
Jeff: I see, that does make a lot of sense ;-). Thanks

However, that answer brings me to another question:
To begin with an example, lets say we start the server and are writing
to wal file X, however postgres has preallocated wal files up to X+7.
We assume that archive command will be invoked on wal files as they
become full.  We don't care about wal files that are greater than X,
because they have either been recycled or preallocated, in either case
the data has been backed up from a previous archive command or does not
yet exist.  So, we can assume that all relevant wal logs have been
archived, save the current one.

My question then is, how do we tell which wal log is X (the one
currently being written to)?