Re: Backend crash with user defined aggregate

От Ron Mayer
Тема Re: Backend crash with user defined aggregate
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

> Hmm.  Now that I look at it again, that message implies that something
> sent SIGTERM to the backend.  You need to figure out where that signal
> is coming from and why.  ...
> is it possible that you've started your postmaster with finite limits
> on process runtime?  What is the platform exactly, anyway?

Thanks. That's something for me to look into monday.  I don't think
there was a process runtime, but there might have been a memory limit.
The platform was a SuSE 9.1 on x86 but with so many updates & upgrades
from so many sources (rpm, apt, rcd, yast, tar.gz) that it's hard to
tell what it really is anymore.   Monday I'll try to reproduce on a
cleaner system and/or look for the SIGTERM with strace or something.