Re: 2 forks for md5?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: 2 forks for md5?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:

>Tom Lane wrote:
>

>>I'm coming to agree with Andrew that a documentation patch might be the
>>best answer.  But where to put it ... under the description of the
>>log_connections GUC var?
>>

>I am thinking we should wait for someone else to notice the double log
>entries before mentioning it in the docs.

If I had a more Machiavellian bent I would make sure that happened ;-)

How about this note under log_connections?:

"Some clients (notably psql) sometimes try to connect without a password
before trying with a password. This behaviour will generate two log
lines if log_connections is turned on, even though to the user it
appears that only one connection has occurred."

cheers

andrew