Re: 2 forks for md5?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: 2 forks for md5?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> >Tom Lane wrote:
> >

> >>I'm coming to agree with Andrew that a documentation patch might be the
> >>best answer.  But where to put it ... under the description of the
> >>log_connections GUC var?
> >>

> >I am thinking we should wait for someone else to notice the double log
> >entries before mentioning it in the docs.
> >

> If I had a more Machiavellian bent I would make sure that happened ;-)
>
> How about this note under log_connections?:
>
> "Some clients (notably psql) sometimes try to connect without a password
> before trying with a password. This behaviour will generate two log
> lines if log_connections is turned on, even though to the user it
> appears that only one connection has occurred."

OK, you wore me down.  :-)

New text:
       This outputs a line to the server log detailing each successful       connection. This is off by default,
althoughit is probably very       useful.  Some client programs, like <application>psql</>,       attempt to connect
twicewhile determining if a password is required,       so duplicate <literal>connection received</> messasges are not
asign       of  problem.  This option can only be set at server start or in the
<filename>postgresql.conf</filename>configuration file.

Pennsylvania19073