Re: Server Time Setting

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Server Time Setting
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32

Tom Lane wrote:

>Hmm.  I think the way that the code in pgtz.c is set up, it just assumes
>that either "Eastern Standard Time" or "Eastern Daylight Time" should
>map to our US/Eastern timezone (which is a DST-aware zone).  Running
>your system in non-DST-aware mode is what's confusing it --- the offset
>to GMT is an hour different than it "should be" at this time of year.
>
>Should pgtz.c try to detect this situation and handle it by mapping to a
>non-DST-aware internal timezone?

I think this is a simple case of misconfiguration and I suspect fiddling
with it would just open up the possibility of more errors. If you say
you are in a DST timezone and you don't check the DST checkbox, and you
set the time to summer time then you're asking for trouble. I would not
be at all surprised if the machine's idea of UTC was an hour out
(Windows boxes keep the RTC on local time, not UTC, which is just horrid).

cheers

andrew