Re: Server Time Setting

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Server Time Setting
Дата
Re: Server Time Setting  ("Lane Van Ingen" <lvaningen@esncc.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
"Lane Van Ingen" <lvaningen@ESNCC.com> writes:
> Looks like I may have just solved my own problem: I noticed that in Date and
> Time Properties of the Windows clock, on the Time Zone tab, there is a
> checkbox
> called  "Automatically adjust clock for daylight savings time changes".

> If that box is unchecked, PostgreSQL must try to compensate, because on
> those
> platforms that are unchecked is where I am having the problem of now()
> returning
> a date that is one hour later. It now works correctly.

Hmm.  I think the way that the code in pgtz.c is set up, it just assumes
that either "Eastern Standard Time" or "Eastern Daylight Time" should
map to our US/Eastern timezone (which is a DST-aware zone).  Running
your system in non-DST-aware mode is what's confusing it --- the offset
to GMT is an hour different than it "should be" at this time of year.

Should pgtz.c try to detect this situation and handle it by mapping to a
non-DST-aware internal timezone?