Re: showing multiple REFERENCE details of id fields in single

От Daryl Richter
Тема Re: showing multiple REFERENCE details of id fields in single
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Ferindo Middleton Jr wrote:
> I have a table which has two id fields which REFERENCE data back at
> another table. It's setup like this:
>
> class_prerequisite_bindings(id   SERIAL, class_id     INTEGER REFERENCES
> classes(id),   prerequisite    INTEGER REFERENCES classes(id))
>
> The classes table is like this:
> classes(id        SERIAL, course_title    TEXT, course_code    TEXT)
>
> I have the following query:
> SELECT * FROM class_prerequisite_bindings, classes WHERE
> class_prerequisite_bindings.class_id = 64 AND
> class_prerequisite_bindings.class_id = classes.id;
>
> If I run the query above, the result will only give me info about the
> class_id field matching id 64 back in the classes table. PROBLEM: I want
> this query to also show the info about the prerequisite field which
> would also have info at the classes table. This query will only show the
> course_title and course_code of the class_id but I need this for the
> prerequisite field as well. I think I need to do a JOIN, but I don't
> understand how. How can I do this?

create table classes(           id             SERIAL PRIMARY KEY,           course_title   TEXT,           course_code
  TEXT );

go

insert into classes( course_title, course_code ) values( 'A', 'A1' );
insert into classes( course_title, course_code ) values( 'B', 'B1' );
insert into classes( course_title, course_code ) values( 'C', 'C1' );
go

create table class_prerequisite_bindings(   id             SERIAL,   class_id       INTEGER REFERENCES classes(id),
prerequisite  INTEGER REFERENCES classes(id)

);
go

insert into class_prerequisite_bindings( class_id, prerequisite )
values( 1, 2 );
insert into class_prerequisite_bindings( class_id, prerequisite )
values( 1, 3 );
go

SELECTa.id AS class_id,c.id AS prerequisite_class
FROMclasses a
JOIN    class_prerequisite_bindings b ON b.class_id = a.id
JOIN    classes c ON c.id = b.prerequisite
WHEREa.id = 1;
go

> Ferindo

Daryl

"We want great men who, when fortune frowns, will not be discouraged."    -- Colonel Henry Knox, 1776

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Triggers & Conditional Assignment
Сообщение: Re: Triggers & Conditional Assignment