showing multiple REFERENCE details of id fields in single query that share the same table

От Ferindo Middleton Jr
Тема showing multiple REFERENCE details of id fields in single query that share the same table
Дата
Re: showing multiple REFERENCE details of id fields in single  (Daryl Richter <daryl@brandywine.com>)
Список pgsql-sql
I have a table which has two id fields which REFERENCE data back at
another table. It's setup like this:

class_prerequisite_bindings(id   SERIAL, class_id     INTEGER REFERENCES
classes(id),   prerequisite    INTEGER REFERENCES classes(id))

The classes table is like this:
classes(id        SERIAL, course_title    TEXT, course_code    TEXT)

I have the following query:
SELECT * FROM class_prerequisite_bindings, classes WHERE
class_prerequisite_bindings.class_id = 64 AND
class_prerequisite_bindings.class_id = classes.id;

If I run the query above, the result will only give me info about the
class_id field matching id 64 back in the classes table. PROBLEM: I want
this query to also show the info about the prerequisite field which
would also have info at the classes table. This query will only show the
course_title and course_code of the class_id but I need this for the
prerequisite field as well. I think I need to do a JOIN, but I don't
understand how. How can I do this?

Ferindo

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: