Re: could not locate a valid checkpoint record

От Dilipan Sebastiampillai
Тема Re: could not locate a valid checkpoint record
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
cite="mid10710.1126278473@sss.pgh.pa.us"type="cite"><pre wrap="">Dilipan Sebastiampillai <a
class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:dilipan.sebastiampillai@framestore-cfc.com"><dilipan.sebastiampillai@framestore-cfc.com></a>writes:
</pre><blockquotetype="cite"><pre wrap="">I tried ( after copying thes PGDATA dir obviously ) :
wrap="">Afterthat postgreSQL starts but I realised that pg_database is empty (
It sounds like pg_resetxlog guessed at an XID counter that is too small
and so all your data rows seem to be "in the future".

You need to find out approximately where the XID counter had been.
You can probably tell this by looking at the pg_clog directory;
read the pg_resetxlog man page for details.  I would suggest paying
close attention to the other settable options for resetxlog, too
--- if it got XID wrong then it likely got the others wrong as well.

Once you get out of this I'd suggest a dump/initdb/restore to make
sure your data is consistent; you may well have more problems than
appear on the surface.

Oh, and updating to the latest release of the 7.4 branch would be
a good idea too ;-).  There are some pretty serious known bugs in
7.4.5.

Dilipan Sebastiampillai
Systems - DBA
Framestore CFC