Re: Yum Update Errors

От Bruce Hyatt
Тема Re: Yum Update Errors
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
--- On Sun, 6/7/09, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

> Bruce Hyatt wrote:
> > The only thing I can think of is that there's some
> conflict with the
> > version requirements of postgresal 8.3 and CentOS 4.7
> for php, perl
> > and mod_auth.
>
> compat-postgresql-libs-3 provides that requirement.

I have this package installed:
compat-postgresql-libs-3-2PGDG.rhel4.i686.rpm

I have libpq.so.3 in /usr/lib which seems to be the appropriate place. I DID NOT previously have priorities installed
butI do now. It didn't make any difference at this point but maybe not having it installed before led to this problem?

No one knows of a simple elegant solution to this? I guess I shouldn't be so reluctant to just reinstall Postgresql.

Bruce Hyatt