RAID Configuration Sugestion

От: Alvaro Nunes Melo
Тема: RAID Configuration Sugestion
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

RAID Configuration Sugestion  (Alvaro Nunes Melo, )
 Re: RAID Configuration Sugestion  (Bruno Wolff III, )
 Re: RAID Configuration Sugestion  (Bruno Wolff III, )
  Re: RAID Configuration Sugestion  (Matthew Nuzum, )
 Re: RAID Configuration Sugestion  (Ron, )
  Re: RAID Configuration Sugestion  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
   Re: RAID Configuration Sugestion  (Ron, )
    Re: RAID Configuration Sugestion  (Matthew Nuzum, )
    Re: RAID Configuration Sugestion  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
     Re: RAID Configuration Sugestion  (Ron, )
      Re: RAID Configuration Sugestion  (Michael Stone, )
       Re: RAID Configuration Sugestion  (Ron, )
        Re: RAID Configuration Sugestion  (Michael Stone, )
         Re: RAID Configuration Sugestion  (Ron, )

Hello,

We are about to install a new PostgreSQL server, and despite of being a
very humble configuration compared to the ones we see in the list, it's
the biggest one we've got till now.

The server is a Dual Xeon 3.0 with 2 GB RAM and two SCSI disks. Our main
doubt is what is the best configuration for the disks. We are thinking
about use them in a RAID-0 array. Is this the best option? What do you
suggest on partitioning? Separate partitions for the OS, data and pg_xlog?

We'll have some time to work on performance tests, and if someone is
interested we can provide our results.

Thanks in advance,
Alvaro

Сообщение: Re: High load and iowait but no disk access
Сообщение: Re: High load and iowait but no disk access