Re: RAID Configuration Sugestion

От: Bruno Wolff III
Тема: Re: RAID Configuration Sugestion
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

RAID Configuration Sugestion  (Alvaro Nunes Melo, )
 Re: RAID Configuration Sugestion  (Bruno Wolff III, )
 Re: RAID Configuration Sugestion  (Bruno Wolff III, )
  Re: RAID Configuration Sugestion  (Matthew Nuzum, )
 Re: RAID Configuration Sugestion  (Ron, )
  Re: RAID Configuration Sugestion  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
   Re: RAID Configuration Sugestion  (Ron, )
    Re: RAID Configuration Sugestion  (Matthew Nuzum, )
    Re: RAID Configuration Sugestion  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
     Re: RAID Configuration Sugestion  (Ron, )
      Re: RAID Configuration Sugestion  (Michael Stone, )
       Re: RAID Configuration Sugestion  (Ron, )
        Re: RAID Configuration Sugestion  (Michael Stone, )
         Re: RAID Configuration Sugestion  (Ron, )

On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 09:37:17 -0300,
  Alvaro Nunes Melo <> wrote:

> The server is a Dual Xeon 3.0 with 2 GB RAM and two SCSI disks. Our main
> doubt is what is the best configuration for the disks. We are thinking
> about use them in a RAID-0 array. Is this the best option? What do you
> suggest on partitioning? Separate partitions for the OS, data and pg_xlog?

You don't have a lot of options with just two disks. What are you trying
to accomplish with raid?

Raid 0 will possibly give you some speed up, while raid 1 will give you some
fault tolerance, some speed of of reads, but cost you half your disk space.