Re: Fwd: Indexes (Disk space)

От Aldor
Тема Re: Fwd: Indexes (Disk space)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I don't think this is possible...

you could try a explain on the create
index command but... this is like playinng lotto, didn't try it and
don't have the time to try it;-)

i think getting the size is only possible after creating the index,
because when the index is created it will gather the information about
the data indexed.

if this answer is not enough: why do you need to know the size of the
index BEFORE creating it?