Re: vacuumdb -a -f

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: vacuumdb -a -f
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
D Kavan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the tips.
>
> Unfortunatley for me,  even after started doing vacuumdb -a 3 times a
> day and increasing fsm dramatically , the size of the database won't go
> down even 1 MB.  It's stil at 5.6 GB, size after restore = 4 GB.   I
> even did a stop/start instead of a re-load to make sure the settings
> took affect. Would a reboot help?

A vacuum full will decrease the size but I am not sure why the size is a
problem. I normal vacuum will not remove rows, it only make them
reusable. So at any given point your database is going to grow after use.

I didn't see this whole thread but is there something specific that
seems to  be the issue beyond size?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake