GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON DATABASE

От Andrew Gold
Тема GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON DATABASE
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi everyone,

I'm sure there's an easy answer for this question, but I confess the
situation puzzles me.

I have database "example1."
I have example1 owner user "user1."

user1 is not a super user.

I have superuser "su1."

su1 creates table "lookatme" in example1. su1 now realizes that he wants
to give control of table lookatme and a number of other tables (all of
them) to user1, so he executes the following sql:

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON DATABASE example1 TO user1.

user1 now executes the following sql:

SELECT * FROM lookatme;

The response is: ERROR:  permission denied for relation lookatme

Obviously, I can write a script to iterate through all the tables, but
what exactly does "GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON DATABASE XXX" do if it
doesn't even grant basic access?

Any insight on the subject is welcome.

Thanks,

Andrew Gold