Re: Testing of MVCC

От Tino Wildenhain
Тема Re: Testing of MVCC
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane schrieb:
> Tino Wildenhain <tino@wildenhain.de> writes:
>
>>Tom Lane schrieb:
>>
>>>The bit that I think is missing in DBI is "issue a command and don't
>>>wait for the result just yet". ...
>>>I might be wrong though, not being exactly a DBI guru ... can this
>>>sort of thing be done?
>>>

>>I wonder if you dont have a wrapper around libpq you can use like that?
>

> Sure, it wouldn't take much to create a minimal C+libpq program that
> would do the basics.  But the history of testing tools teaches that

Well no no. I was just thinking perl might have something similar to
pythons pyPgSQL module which both hase dbapi2 interface as well
as low level access to libpq - all that nicely accessible from the
scripting language. I'm using it for NOTIFY/LISTEN for example.

> you soon find yourself wanting a whole lot more functionality, like
> conditional tests, looping, etc, in the test-driver mechanism.
> That's the wheel that I don't want to re-invent.  And it's a big part
> of the reason why stuff like Expect and the Perl Test modules have
> become so popular: you have a full scripting language right there at
> your command.

Sure, see above :)

> Maybe the right answer is just to hack up Pg.pm or DBD::Pg to provide
> the needed asynchronous-command-submission facility, and go forward
> from there using the Perl Test framework.

Nothing on cpan or how thats called?