Re: Testing of MVCC

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Testing of MVCC
Дата
Re: Testing of MVCC  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tino Wildenhain <tino@wildenhain.de> writes:
> Tom Lane schrieb:
>> The bit that I think is missing in DBI is "issue a command and don't
>> wait for the result just yet". ...
>> I might be wrong though, not being exactly a DBI guru ... can this
>> sort of thing be done?
>>
> I wonder if you dont have a wrapper around libpq you can use like that?

Sure, it wouldn't take much to create a minimal C+libpq program that
would do the basics.  But the history of testing tools teaches that
you soon find yourself wanting a whole lot more functionality, like
conditional tests, looping, etc, in the test-driver mechanism.
That's the wheel that I don't want to re-invent.  And it's a big part
of the reason why stuff like Expect and the Perl Test modules have
become so popular: you have a full scripting language right there at
your command.

Maybe the right answer is just to hack up Pg.pm or DBD::Pg to provide
the needed asynchronous-command-submission facility, and go forward
from there using the Perl Test framework.

Сообщение: Re: pl/Ruby, deprecating plPython and Core
Сообщение: Re: pl/Ruby, deprecating plPython and Core