Re: Looking for a large database for testing

От Sebastian Hennebrueder
Тема Re: Looking for a large database for testing
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Tino Wildenhain schrieb:

> Sebastian Hennebrueder schrieb:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to test the performance of my Java/PostgreSQL applications
>> especially when making full text searches.
>> For this I am looking for a database with 50 to 300 MB having text
>> fields.
>> e.g. A table with books with fields holding a comment, table of content
>> or example chapters
>> or what ever else.
>>
>> Does anybody have an idea where I can find a database like this or does
>> even have something like this?
>>
> You can download the wikipedia content. Just browse the wikimedia site.
> Its some work to change the data to be able to import into postgres,
> but at least you have a lot real world data - in many languages.

I have just found it. Here there is a link
http://download.wikimedia.org/
They have content in multiple languages and dumps up to 20 GB.

--
Best Regards / Viele Grüße

Sebastian Hennebrueder

----

http://www.laliluna.de

Tutorials for JSP, JavaServer Faces, Struts, Hibernate and EJB

Get support, education and consulting for these technologies -
uncomplicated and cheap.